FRYBREAD FLATS is a Children's show intended to teach Cheyenne & Arapaho language to kids ages 3-10 yrs
This texts is to help your site visitors with pressing questions.
Director of Cheyenne & Arapaho Television
Senior Producer and Television Personality
Content Producer and 2D animation artist Cheyenne & Arapaho Tribal Member
We thank you for your generous gift ! Please donate by clicking the "Donate" button below.
Welcome! K35MV-D C&A TV - Cheyenne and Arapaho Television is proud to serve you!
ABOUT US: Cheyenne and Arapaho Television- C&A TV is making history as the first Native American owned and operated broadcast TV station in the State of Oklahoma. It is one of only a handful of Native American TV Stations in the U.S. The establishment of K47MU-D Cheyenne and Arapaho Television was made possible by a Facilities Grant from NTIA. C&A TV is a low power Public Broadcast TV station broadcasting from the C&A Tribal Headquarters in Concho, OK since July 2012. In 2018 the FCC sold C&A TV's frequency to T-Mobile and required us to change our broadcast frequency and call letters. We are now channel 35.1 and have the call letters K35MV-D.
K35MV-D Cheyenne and Arapaho Television – C&A TV provides 100% Native American television programming to our viewing audience 24/7 as well as serve our tribal members by providing local community and tribal government information, language education, and documenting our cultural events. C&A TV is a proud affiliate of the FNX Channel First Nations Experience. www.fnx.org Together with FNX, Cheyenne and Arapaho Television is providing Oklahoma with a rich cultural viewing experience to our Native as well as our Non-Native audience. It is our hope that we not only present positive and inspiring images of Native Americans but also that through cultural exposure and education, we foster a better appreciation and understanding between Oklahoma's Non-Native and Native communities.
To preserve the history, language and culture of the Cheyenne and Arapaho People and to present programming that informs, educates, uplifts, inspires, and promotes their mental and physical well being.
CATV47 intends to provide the best Native American programming available in North America that will respect, honor and uplift the Native American peoples, traditions and cultures in general and whenever and however possible, the Cheyenne and Arapaho people specifically.
* LANGUAGE: We will strive to preserve and promote use of the Cheyenne and Arapaho languages by producing original language education programming aimed at both children and adults.
* ELDERS: We will honor and respect our tribal elders by capturing and preserving their stories and their wisdom.
* CHILDREN AND YOUTH: We will produce Children’s programming that promotes a positive and healthy self-image by instilling a sense of pride in their culture and heritage. We will also produce youth programming that will promote healthy lifestyle choices ( to remain drug free and avoid alcohol abuse) as well as staying in school and promoting secondary education.
* SOCIAL ISSUES INFORMATION: Provide information on resources and tribal programs for social issues that plague the tribe like suicide, alcohol abuse, depression, domestic and sexual abuse, drop-outs, teen pregnancy and unemployment.
* CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING: It is our hope that through exposure to our television programming we may foster a better understanding and appreciation of Native American culture among the Non-Native cultures.
We hope that C&A TV will not only continue to be a symbol of pride and accomplishment for the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes but also a source of quality Native American information and entertainment.
C&A TV is a public, non commercial, educational TV station and depends on underwriting and generous gifts from viewers like YOU! Please click on the "DONATE" button and give what you can to help us to continue to provide you with this unique programming.