The 2014 Gates Millennium Scholarship Online Application is Open!
Gabriel Bell will be here on Thursday, December 5th at 10:00 a.m. to discuss the Gates Scholarship and AIGC services.
The deadline is Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).
The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Program selects 1,000 talented students each year to receive a good-through-graduation scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program Awards Scholarships to American Indian and Alaska Native Students Across Indian Country. This year 150 American Indian and Alaska Native students representing communities from coast to coast have been confirmed as Gates Millennium Scholars for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The GMS Program, funded by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, was established in 1999.
The American Indian Graduate Center Scholars (AIGCS) is the American Indian/Alaska Native partner for the GMS scholarship.
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
1. Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American
2. Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
3. Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 or have a GED
4. Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2014 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
5. Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
6. Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
7. Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student's application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student's academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student's community service and leadership activities (Recommender Form) by the deadline. For more information please visit www.gmsp.org